Broken Jewelry, Billy Dee Williams' Brand on Craigslist
What are your neighbors trying to unload (or hoping you're unloading) this week?
Whether it's your old necklaces, the smoothness of Colt 45 or (sigh) another poor tube television relegated to "free" status, there's something for everyone, every week on Craigslist. Check out some of the items your neighbors are unloading now (yes, right now!) on the popular site.
- Cheap as Free: We have noted our sadness on multiple occasions at the general lack of interest these days in regular cathode ray tube (CRT) televisions. Some have been gotten for super cheap. This one, a Toshiba, is going for free as the "giver-awayer" has no use for it anymore. Sure there is a use, man. You can watch TV on it. Oh well, their loss may be your gain.
- Some Classics Stay Classic: While we lament the lack of respect the CRT television gets in an era of paper-thin wall-mounted wonders, some classics, like this 1922 Renfrew-brand wood stove, never lose their luster. $3,500 and it's yours.
- Here's to the Young Entrepeneurs: This 19-year-old wants your broken jewelry so they can start a new business. They also want to get involved in landscaping. We're not sure what the connection is, but if you already were planning on getting rid of the stuff, perhaps you should check them out.
- Living in a Dream World? We're not totally certain, but we have a hunch even a 2009-model 27" iMac with 8gb of RAM and a 1tb hard-drive cannot be gotten for $500. But, hey, maybe you're more generous than us. If you are, you may have the power to make this eternal optimist very happy.
- It Works Every Time: But, hey, if the eternal optimist gets what they want, perhaps they will want to celebrate their good fortunes with a smooth Colt 45? We can't promise they will have a better time celebrating with than without it, but why take chances? Oh, and someone is selling this vintage Colt 45 advertising sign for $35.