Five Fundraisers You Should Know About
The Morris Township Committee approves fund raising events
At its meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 15, the Morris Township Committee approved proposals for several fundraisers.
1) Hounds and Harriers Run: Oct. 13, 2012, beginning at 10 a.m. This 3-mile run, organized by and benefiting St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center, takes place at the Recreation Area of Loantaka Park in Morris Township.
2) Miles for Melanoma: 5K run and two-mile walk, on Sept. 23, 2012
3) Turkey Trot: The Interfaith Food pantry's 6th annual 5K and 1-mile walk on Nov. 22, 2012, at 8:30 a.m. Thousands participate every year.
4) Run 4 The Seeing Eye: Sept. 8, 2012, at 6 p.m. on Spring Brook Road, Armstrong Road, James Street and Mount Kemble Avenue. Benefiting the Seeing Eye, which trains guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired.
5) Doggy Dash and Walk: One-mile on a route to be determined, also on Sept. 8, 2012, at 6 p.m.