One way in which they do that is with their Village Food Garden, and beyond that with their Village Food Garden Culinary Center which offers classes and demonstrations for kids and adults.
The Village Food Garden Culinary Center, located in the year-round patio and outfitted with a fully-equipped kitchen and demonstration area, offers interactive classes and workshops lead by certified executive chef Danny Arturo:
- Free interactive demonstration classes held five days a week between Noon – 1:00 p.m. offers customers an opportunity to observe chef Arturo prepare dishes and learn new tricks based on what is in season
- Weekly Culinary Workshops and Classes for adults and kids, themed around timely events. The classes offer hands-on instruction where chef Arturo guides participants while they prepare the meal.
Class themes will change
monthly in accordance with the season.
In addition, there will be monthly special events featuring celebrity
chef cooking demonstrations and book signings.
“I love sharing my passion for food and helping to make cooking even more enjoyable by teaching our customers time saving tips and tricks, and putting a modern twist to traditional favorites,” said chef Danny Arturo.
Arturo said in addition to
the scheduled classes, the store can host a private cooking party or corporate team
building event. Some of their upcoming events are:
- Dec. 14 from Noon – 2:00 p.m.: Gingerbread House Decorating Class (cost $25 for adult and child; $15 for each additional child)
- Dec. 30 at 10:00 a.m.: ShopRite partners with The Monday Campaign and Produce for Kids to host a Kids Cook Monday class for preschoolers with the store’s registered dietitian, Jessica Guarnieri. Super Why characters, featured on the Sprout network, will be on-hand to take pictures with the kids and talk about the importance of choosing healthy foods (free). The Super Why characters will stay after the class and be on hand for pictures through 1:30 p.m.
- Dec. 10 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.: Christmas appetizers class with hands-on instruction for preparing 10 different holiday hors d'oeuvres that will impress friends and family ($30)
- Dec. 16, 17, and 18 from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.: Feast of the Seven Fishes workshop where participants will learn how to create this traditional holiday special dinner with chef Arturo, who received extensive culinary training in Italy ($50)
- Dec. 27 (6:00 – 9:00 p.m. – hands-on culinary class) and December 28 (3:00 – 5:00 PM – culinary workshop), chef Arturo helps participants countdown to New Year’s Eve with an appetizer and party food focused workshops ($30)
- Jan. 3 (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.) and January 4 (4:00 – 6:00 PM): New Year, New You Healthy Eating Workshop with chef Arturo and in-store registered dietitian Jessica Guarnieri will give you delicious ideas to help stick to your wellness resolutions. ($30)