Easter Weekend falls on April 23-24 this year, which means you have less than a week to figure out what you'll be doing. Even if you missed the various egg hunts, bunny breakfasts and other activities held this past weekend, there are still some enjoyable events coming up.
- Easter Brunch at This lovely catering facility in Morris Plains is only open for public meals twice a year; on Easter and Mother's Day. The Easter brunch menu offers a variety of appealing food choices: A French crepe station, omelet station, carving stations, buffet entrée items, pasta station and more. Don't miss the specialty desserts, including French and Italian pastry, chocolate-dipped fruits and the Bretton Woods make-your-own sundae bar. The cost is $29.95 plus tax and gratuity.
- Easter Grand Buffet in the Conservatory: The beautiful greenhouse-style conservatory at the along with the Grand Ballroom, will be the site of an "Easter Grand Buffet." According to the menu, the food choices will be vast: seafood appetizers, vegetable and fruit salads, cheeses, carving stations, omelet station, Belgian waffles, cheese blintzes and a Viennese table loaded with desserts. For adults, the cost of the buffet is $49.95, not including tax and gratuity. For children ages 5-10 the cost is $20.95.
- Three-Course Easter Dinner: If the Grand Buffet at the Madison Hotel doesn't tickle your fancy, walk to the other side of the building and enjoy a three-course holiday meal at Rod’s Steak & Seafood Grille. The special menu includes spring salads such as mozzarella, tomatoes and baby arugula; seafood appetizers, entrees such as pineapple-bourbon glazed baked Virginia ham, Long Island duck, rack of Colorado lamb, roast prime rib and, of course, steaks. Desserts include chocolate and peanut butter mousse in a chocolate tulip, lemon meringue tart with fresh blueberries and cheesecake. The cost of dinners for adults range from about $30-$57. For children the cost ranges from about $16-$20.
- Easter at Copeland: There are two Easter dining choices at Copeland. Early birds can try the breakfast buffet for $19 per person from 6:30–11:00a.m. Later in the day, from 1–9:00 p.m., Chef Robert will have a three-course menu on offer for $56 per adult and $28 per child under 12 years old. Please call 973-451-2619 to make reservations.
- Easter Dinner at the Market Street Mission: Volunteers and food donations are needed for the special Easter dinner planned at the Market Street Mission in Morristown for Sunday, April 24. Contact: Nancy Hanna at 973-538-6337 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.