At its meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 15, the Morris Township Committee approved proposals for several fundraisers.
1) Hounds and Harriers Run: Oct. 13, 2012, beginning at 10 a.m. This 3-mile run, organized by and benefiting St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center, takes place at the Recreation Area of Loantaka Park in Morris Township.
2) Miles for Melanoma: 5K run and two-mile walk, on Sept. 23, 2012
3) Turkey Trot: The Interfaith Food pantry's 6th annual 5K and 1-mile walk on Nov. 22, 2012, at 8:30 a.m. Thousands participate every year.
4) Run 4 The Seeing Eye: Sept. 8, 2012, at 6 p.m. on Spring Brook Road, Armstrong Road, James Street and Mount Kemble Avenue. Benefiting the Seeing Eye, which trains guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired.
5) Doggy Dash and Walk: One-mile on a route to be determined, also on Sept. 8, 2012, at 6 p.m.