Gas Leak Evacuates Lake Road Residents

Cracked pipe line caused gas smell, temporary evacuation Sunday morning.

Seven families were evacuated as a precautionary measure Sunday morning due to a major gas leak, PSE&G said.

A smell of gas on Lake Road was reported at about 3:45 a.m. PSE&G was called to the scene and discovered a cracked main pipe line, according to PSE&G spokeswoman Bonnie Sheppard.

A PSE&G crew reduced the pressure to the line and clamped it so that a repair could be made, Sheppard said.

The families were allowed to return to their homes approximately seven hours later.  Repairs are still ongoing, according to Sheppard.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »