- Washington Township’s Historical Society presents its annual Historic House Tour, Saturday. This year's theme celebrates the town’s first settlers in “Autumn in the Valley,” which will take participants through the German Valley historic district, where the pioneers made their homes. Tickets for the event are $20. Checks can be made payable to the Washington Township Historical Society at WTHS, P.O. Box 189, Long Valley, NJ 07853. They can also be purchased at the Historical Museum at 6 Fairview Road on Friday, Oct. 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The tour runs between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. For more info, including tour sites and times, click here.
- Mendham Borough presents its annual Harvest Hustle 5K and Kids Fun Run Saturday. The Mendham Borough Home and School Association event is a fundraiser for health and wellness initiatives in the borough’s schools and for a scholarship named for the late Sgt. Richard Morales. The Harvest Hustle kicks off at 8 a.m. and awards medals for all finishers and free shirts for the first 150 registrants. Race time begins at 9 a.m. For more information, visit mendhamborough.org.
- Sustainability is the word at the Morris Habitat for Humanity ReStore, which holds its third annual "Go Green, Save Green" Sales Event. From 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, shoppers will save 15 percent off the ReStore’s regular prices. The event will feature music by DJ Pudge, eco-friendly vendors' booths, SnoBall frozen treats for sale (between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.) and free hot dogs and popcorn. The ReStore is located at 274 South Salem St. in Randolph.
- The Junior Woman's Club of Jefferson Township holds the 15th annual Memorial Wrobo 5K Run/Walk Sunday starting at 9 a.m. The 2013 installment, which honors the memory of fallen 2nd Lt. John T. Wroblewski of Oak Ridge each year, benefits The Seeing Eye, a nonprofit that trains and places service animals for blind people. Register in advance for $25 at www.active.com. Race Day registration is available for $30 from 7:30-8:30 a.m. The rain or shine event starts promptly at 9 a.m. at the Jefferson Township Municipal Building, 1033 Weldon Road. For more info, call Amy at 973-208-2625.
- Perambulate for culture at the Morristown Art Walk. On Sunday from noon to 5 p.m., the family-friendly event showcases over 70 local artists at venues going from one end of South Street to the other and along Maple
Avenuen. ArtSpace Studio at 14 Elm St. is the official headquarters for the event, a casual one-day art tour that lets visitors meet and talk with a wide variety of community artists and the local businesses that support them. For more information call 201-819-0371 or visit www.juliefriedmanart.com.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something