“All screening results can help our residents take action to reduce
their risk of future disease and health problems,” said Peg Dugan, one of the
According to Dugan, Wellness Day will have two events,
medical screenings and a wellness fair, held simultaneously.
The medical screenings include:
- Blood pressure evaluation.
- Female cancer screenings [GYN exam].
- Men's cancer screening [prostate & PSA blood test].
- Blood chemistry analysis [CBC, glucose, HDL and LDL].
Results of testing will be sent to the resident and their
physician. In addition, there will be a flu immunization clinic held during
the Wellness Day events.
As part of the wellness fair a variety of vendors will be offering health information and screenings.
- Elder Care Attorney for questions & answers
- American Diabetes Association representative
- Marshall arts represented to discuss benefits of marshal arts
- Animal Control Officer from Morris Plains addressing pet care & wild life control
- Hearing screenings will be offered by professionals
Medical screenings are free to all Morris Plains residents [pre registration is required]. The Wellness Fair is open to everyone. Those with questions are encouraged to call 973-538-2224.