Friday, December 14, 2012
Ethics board decides questions regarding Deputy Mayor Bruce Sisler's controversial phone call to a resident are better suited for the courtroom.
Friday, December 14, 2012
After a four-month wait, the Morris Township Board of Ethics has decided not to address whether or not a late-night phone call from Deputy Mayor Bruce Sisler to a township resident that included cursing was appropriate. Instead, the board has referred the matter to the state Superior Court, where a current lawsuit from the same resident has been filed, according to NJ.com. The phone call, which was made after midnight on Aug. 3 to resident Lee Goldberg, was recorded, with portions of it posted on Youtube. The video of the call is 12 minutes long and the discussion pertains to what Goldberg believes to be a conflict of interest on part of Sisler voting in favor of the Honeywell redevelopment project. Sisler is employed by state Assemblyman …
Monday, January 30, 2012
Officials said emergency personnel met challenge of hurricane and snowstorm.
Stretched, tested, weary. But in the end, responsive and unified. That was the general assessment of township public safety and emergency management personnel earlier this month as they had time to review their response to the two large and different storms that hit New Jersey in August and October. Deputy Mayor Bruce Sisler said these storms provided him with the first opportunity to closely observe the township’s emergency response. What he saw, he said, “was the leadership of these individuals, professionals and volunteers in many dangerous situations and circumstances.” The response, the officials said, was the result of planning and training at the township level, where an emergency management committee is at the center of planning, …
Saturday, January 28, 2012
CEO of AllGood Concerts of Convent Station held in Angola
Morris Township Deputy Mayor Bruce Sisler said he's contacted Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for assistance with the release of a local music promoter who has been held in Angola for the last month. And that statement came just a day before the promoter himself made an impassioned plea to the U.S. government for help in a video posted on the Web. Patrick Allocco—CEO of AllGood Concerts of Convent Station—and his son, Patrick Jr., are in a hotel in Luanda, the Angolan capital. Although they have been allowed to stay out of jail, they've been forbidden to leave the country as they try to resolve accusations they defrauded an Angolan concert promoter out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, because rapper Nas failed to show up for a New …